With the weather warming up, it's natural to want to transition your workout session from indoors to outdoors. However, when you take your workout outside, whether it's for a group yoga class or just you getting some fresh air and going on a run, you need to make sure you have a few items.
Must-Haves for an Outdoor Workout Session
When it comes to summertime, there are so many ways to workout from yoga by the pool to swimming to going for an evening run or even a beachside yoga class with your friends. However, you need certain things that you may not typically need for an indoor yoga session.
- Sunscreen. If you're going to be out in the summer sun, make sure you are protecting your skin from the sun's harmful rays. You'll want to cover any exposed skin with sunscreen, and make sure you put some on your face as well for extra protection.
- Hydrate. Hydration is even more important in the summer months, as the heat makes us lose more water through sweat. Hydrate before and after your workout and choose a water that has electrolytes to help keep your body in balance and feeling good.
- Citronella candles. If you are getting your workout session in at the end of the day, you'll want to ensure that you are not eaten alive by mosquitoes during it. Citronella candles placed around the backyard will help you to stay bug bite-free during your workout.
- Lightweight workout clothes. A pair of our shorts and a matching sports bra are the perfect combination to keep you cool during your outdoor workout. You'll be comfortable, supported, and won't melt in the heat.
- A towel. You may not sweat as much in the cool air of a gym, but when you're outdoors, you'll find you sweat a lot more, so having a microfiber towel on hand will be very important for helping you to wipe off the sweat in between circuits.
With these must-haves for an outdoor workout session, you'll be able to safely complete your workout, and ensure that you're taking extra care of your body at the same time.